store audio/video into circular buffer

Randall Scheifele rjscheif at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 05:43:41 PST 2012

Hi Damiano,

I am doing a similar thing on the dm368.  I am currently planning on using
the queue element.  If you read the documentation on the queue element (
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer-plugins/html/gstreamer-plugins-queue.html)
you'll see that it has some minimum value properties (buffers/bytes/time).
 I was planning on setting a minimum value to store enough buffered video
inside of the queue and installing a buffer probe on the source pad of the
queue to throw out buffers when I don't want to store them.

If anyone else has a better way of doing this in gstreamer, let me know.

-Randy