mpg123 for gstreamer 0.10.36

dv dv at pseudoterminal.org
Sat Nov 10 07:40:49 PST 2012

On 2012-11-10 15:34, Soho Soho123 wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to use another mp3 decoder.
> I see mpg123 used in gstreamer 1.0.
> Is it possible to use mpg123 plugin in gstreamer 0.10.36?
>

> Thanks!
>
> Soho

I am the author of that plugin. The original version is available at
https://github.com/dv1/gstmpg123 , and it works fine, but is missing
some updates&fixes I committed to GStreamer (a leak in the finalizer,
last frame wasn't decoded, and some cleanup). These are not too hard to
backport. Thanks for reminding me..

I do recommend to upgrade to GStreamer 1.0 if possible, not only because
mpg123 decoder fixes will be uploaded there first, but also because
GStreamer 0.10 is now in maintenance mode and probably won't see another
release.

regards