mpg123 for gstreamer 0.10.36

dv dv at pseudoterminal.org
Sat Nov 10 15:02:20 PST 2012

On 2012-11-10 17:00, Soho Soho123 wrote:
> Hi DV,
>
> Thanks for your opinion.
> Because the application I used is Rygel.
> It does not support v1.0.
> I can not use gst v1.0.
> the another question:
> Can I copy the mpg123 folder from gst v1.0 to gst 0.10.26 and
> add libmpg123 for that?
> As you mentioned, the plugin is workable.
> Is it workable for gst v0.10.36?
>
> Thanks!
> Soho

No, you cannot copy these files like that, since the GStreamer 1.0 and
0.10 APIs are not fully compatible. Use the one from github instead, I
just backported the changes to it. It works fine with 0.10.36.

As for the question about 320kbps MP3, they are supported. I cannot
predict whether or not you will hear noise though - I'd have to test
your file. There are *lots* of broken MP3 files in existence, especially
old ones produced by ancient encoders.

regards