Good example to show usage of tee

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Tue Nov 13 13:34:31 PST 2012

On 11/13/2012 10:54 AM, Krzysztof Konopko wrote:
> On 13/11/12 16:06, Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:

>>> I disagree.  With complex pipes I think parse_launch becomes even more
>>> helpful as it becomes harder to visualise what the pipeline actually
>>> contains, particularly with teeing and muxing, etc.  You can use
>>> gst_bin_get_by_name to easily retrieve the elements.
>>
>> How do you know what the element's named?
>
> By setting its 'name' attribute.
>
>> Also what happens if there are
>> multiple of the same type of element, how will your code know which one
>> you are looking for?
>>

> Once you set the 'name' attribute for each of them, you know their
> names. GStreamer won't let you set the same name for more multiple elements.

So I guess then you would be putting the name into your gst_parse_launch
string? Or are you iterating over all elements in a pipe and giving them
names? Also when you use bins like encodebin or decodebin getting the
child seems harder to me, as does setting some of the settings... Just
my opinion though. I've only been using gstreamer for a year or two.

--
Nathanael d. Noblet
t 403.875.4613