Associating User Data with an Element?

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 08:51:37 PST 2012

Right now I am writing an application in C where it would be helpful
if I could cache data in an element. One example is that I have three
different elements that may appear at a certain spot in the pipeline,
depending on what user commands I've received. When its time to
dynamically tear down that part of the pipeline and reconfigure, I
need to invoke a different teardown function for each of the elements,
as they have radically different connections to the pipleline (some
have ghost pads, some have request pads, some have always pads, etc.).

I'd love to have some sort of gst_element_set_user_data(element, data)
function, but no such animal exists. Is there some easy way to achieve
this using other gstreamer features?

--
Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.