X overlay refresh in gstreamer

ByoungSoon Lee l22bss at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 17:10:58 PST 2012

HI, I got working pipeline with Xlib last month.
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-devel/2012-October/037725.html

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-devel/2012-October/037737.html

I can play video file embedded in X window using
    case GST_MESSAGE_ELEMENT:
        gst_x_overlay_set_window_handle (GST_X_OVERLAY
(GST_MESSAGE_SRC(message)), child_window);
        break;

The problem is that when x window loses its focus then the video screen is
hidden.
step 1: If I run the program in X11 console, I can see new X window to play
video file.
step 2: If I move focus from video playing X window to console,
            then video screen becomes white which I set background color
before.

My pipeline is appsrc > decodebin2 > ffmpegcolorspace > autovideosink

I tried XMapRaised() but with no luck.

Is there a way (or ways) to see video screen all the time whether it is
focused or not?
Is it because I missed EXPOSE event in Xlib? If so, how I can deal with it?

Thanks in advance.
ByoungSoon