Error using sync=true on a sink

gimmeamilk gimmeamilkbttf at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 03:14:31 PST 2012

After a bit of digging, it looks like when I do the seek, mpegtsmux receives
a GST_EVENT_SEGMENT but does not forward it to the fakesink.  mpegtsmux
passes the event to gst_collect_pads_event_default(), which explicitly drops
it if it's a new segment.

Is this expected behaviour? How should I correctly handle seeking in a
pipeline like this? I tried a couple of other muxers (avi and qt) and got
similar results. Does this imply that I can't do seeks if there's a muxer
(or similar) in the pipeline? Thanks.