why doesn't qtmux support byte-stream encoding for h264?

Rahool Paliwal rahoolpaliwal1989 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 05:15:02 PST 2012

Hi,
I want to use my own h264 encoder plugin for the existing camera
applications.
The problem is it is only able to encode in byte-stream format and not avc.
I am using Camerabin2, which in turn uses qtmux.

I see that the qtmux does not support byte-stream encoding for h264.
Is there a specific reason for this?
Is there a plan to add that support in future? I can see that qtmux in gst
1.0 also doesn't support byte-stream.

I know that we can set file_type on Camerabin2, but is there any other way
to tell it to use ffmux_mp4 instead?
Since ffmux_mp4 does work with byte-stream format.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Rahool