How to create the registry.*.xml file?

David Röthlisberger david at rothlis.net
Mon Nov 26 13:20:08 PST 2012

On 26 Nov 2012, at 20:17, Sandoval Gonzalez Leonardo-B42214 wrote:

> I am trying to set auto completion as indicated in this page
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/tree/tools/gstreamer-completion?h=0.10
>
> however, in the gstreamer installation I have, the command gst-inspect creates the registry.arm.bin file instead of registry.arm.xml. Is there a way to create the *.xml file?

The original registry was in xml format. A binary registry format was
added in 2007† and made the default in 2008‡. From that second commit
message it looks like you can still choose at "configure" time to use
the xml registry instead (this would require that you build the
GStreamer packages from source).

I wouldn't bother though, I'd wait for the updated tab-completion script
I'm working on to land. :-)

† http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/commit/?id=ebf0c9d3http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/commit/?id=3f39fd7e