Different behaviour of h264parse in Linux and Windows

4ernov 4ernov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 22:52:24 PST 2012

> Have you tried explicitly setting parsed=false in your appsrc caps ?

Yes, I actually tried it several times before, but to double-check
before writing an answer I tried it another time. Here's my caps on
appsrc for test:
    video_caps = gst_caps_new_simple ("video/x-h264",
                                      "stream-format", G_TYPE_STRING, "avc",
                                      "codec_data", GST_TYPE_BUFFER, codec_data,
                                      "parsed", G_TYPE_BOOLEAN, FALSE,
                                      NULL);

With these caps the problem wasn't fixed, but when I removed
"stream-format" part the problem seemed to go away. So, Nicolas, thank
you very much for advice!

It seems that h264parse doesn't always perform a full initial parse of
the stream for its settings (e.g. stream-format) if its input caps are
detailed enough. Maybe it is better to force it to parse the stream
settings from scratch if parsed=false was defined.

Thanks again for your help!

Alexey Chernov