playing live mpegts stream over udp

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Nov 28 05:18:07 PST 2012

On Tue, 2012-11-27 at 20:52 -0800, Sudhirkumar wrote:

Hi,

> We are able to display an mpeg-stream over udp on DM3730.
> The video resolution is 1280x720 with 60fps.
>
> gst-launch -v udpsrc uri="udp://192.168.10.40:5544" ! mpegtsdemux !
> h264parse ! TIViddec2 ! queue ! tidisplaysink2
>
> But, when streaming an video of resolution 640x480 60fps, the video display
> is playing with delay.
> i.e its taking time to buffer and then play, whereas when streaming an video
> of 1280*720 it is playing smoothly.
>
> Can anyone suggest what could be the issue

It might be in TIViddec2, IIRC there is an internal buffer of some sort,
and it waits for that to be full before decoding (to be sure it's got at
least one frame or something). That was on a different board though, but
might still apply. You can put an identity element before TIViddec2 and
the video sink to see when the first buffer goes through the pipeline
where.

Cheers
 -Tim