missing element mp4mux

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Nov 29 03:16:03 PST 2012

On Thu, 2012-11-29 at 10:58 +0000, Nux! wrote:

Hi,

> After upgrading my ffmpeg/x264 stack I'm getting errors about mp4mux
> and qtmux missing elements.
> Can anyone offer some pointers, where should I look to get this fixed?
>
> I'm using gstreamer-plugins-good 0.10.23, ffmpeg 0.10.4 and x264 0.120
> (on EL6). The problem did not exist when I was using older versions of
> ffmpeg/x264 so I'm guessing it must be something related to those.

These are truly ancient versions.

mp4mux/qtmux used to be in gst-plugins-bad, and at some point (with -bad
0.10.22 and -good 0.10.29) moved to gst-plugins-good. If you upgraded
just one of those packages (say: -bad) to a newer version, but not
-good, you'd suddenly not have it any longer of course.

But there might be other reasons as well, hard to say without more info.

You could also try removing your registry:

  rm ~/.gstreamer-0.10/registry*

to see if that helps.

Cheers
 -Tim