Compile errors with gst/gst.h on Fedora

little_endian girpai at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 28 15:32:36 PST 2012

I am using a Fedora 12 linux distribution and trying to compile a sample
hello world app that uses Gstreamer. I googled my error a bit but I could
not figure out why my gst.h file seems to be missing. When I installed using
yum install gstreamer, it says gstreamer already installed. Where is the dev
package I need to get? Any pointers would be great..

gmake
gcc `pkg-config gstreamer-0.10 --libs` `pkg-config gstreamer-0.10 --cflags`
gst_hw.c
Package gstreamer-0.10 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gstreamer-0.10.pc'
No package 'gstreamer-0.10' found
Package gstreamer-0.10 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gstreamer-0.10.pc'
No package 'gstreamer-0.10' found
gst_hw.c:1:21: error: gst/gst.h: No such file or directory