RTMP through proxy server

Atish Nazir gstreamer at littleworld.co.uk
Wed Oct 3 06:09:11 PDT 2012

Hi Fabrizio,
I've not any experience of the rtmpsink element however I have two guesses
that might help you along:

* RTMP cannot tunnel through HTTP, you need RTMPT variant.  A quick gander
through the source of rtmpsink suggests it support this protocol variant
* rtmpsink uses mplayer library as a backend, so I would be unsurprised if
it supported http_proxy environment variables

e.g.:

export http_proxy=http://proxy_server_name:proxy_server_port
gst-launch-0.10 ksvideosrc ! x264enc tune = zerolatency ! flvmux ! rtmpsink
location = rtmpt://my_server_fms/live/gst_
test

An easy way to test the efficiency of the environment variable here would
be to configure netcat to listen and direct your proxy config that way

nc -l 1234
export http_proxy=http://localhost:1234
gst-launch-0.10 ksvideosrc ! x264enc tune = zerolatency ! flvmux ! rtmpsink
location = rtmpt://my_server_fms/live/gst_
test

If you see an HTTP request popping up on STDOUT of netcat then you're on
your way.

HTH