Custom event disappearing in decodebin

Bruno Gonzalez bgonzalez at visual-tools.com
Thu Oct 4 01:48:36 PDT 2012

Ouch, your mail was picked up by some filter and didn't read it until just
now, after I've already solved the problem... But thanks anyway! :-)

For future reference, the bug was indeed inside decodebin elements.

I made some tests. These are the contents of decodebin after the pipeline
is initialized:
 - 0.10.29: typefind ! ffdec_h264
 - 0.10.36: typefind ! h264parse ! ffdec_h264
It turns out, for 0.10.36 I was installing the -bad package (which provides
the h264parse element), while for 0.10.29 I was not installing it.

Simply removing the -bad package, that element is not inserted inside
decodebin anymore, and most of my problems have disappeared (custom events
removed, also recorded video playing at infinite rate, and other things).