why start_thread consumes so much memory ?

chichi chicsheep at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 23:39:42 PDT 2012

Hi Nicolas,

Not sure why I missed your email until today. Thank you very much ! I will
try that.

Cheers!
Qi

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 9:50 PM, Nicolas Dufresne <
nicolas.dufresne at collabora.co.uk> wrote:

> **
> To answer the question in the subject, start_thread() is the base function
> for all your 70 threads. So the result from start_thread() being the main
> source of allocation is quite expected. It only means that most allocation
> are being done in threads.
>
> Now, to get more useful result from your profiling, I would recommend you
> to run it on a Gstreamer build that has debugging symbols. This will
> replace the "??? (in /usr/lib64/libgstreamer-0.10.so.0.29.0)" in your
> backtraces with specific functions.
>
> best regards,
> Nicolas

Qi Chu, Ph.D student
Australian International Gravitational Research Centre
School of physics
The University of Western Australia
M013, 35 Stirling Hwy
Crawley, WA 6009