Porting gst-launch pipelines from 0.10 to 1.0 (was: Re: tsdemux and avdec_h264 not connectable)

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Oct 5 05:42:43 PDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-10-05 at 06:57 +0200, Rapsey wrote:

> Yes I was talking about 1.0. I went back to 0.10 though, because I
> could not get anything but the most trivial graphs to work on 1.0.
> Everything fails on some strange reason.

Further to what Edward said, there are only few things to look out for
when moving gst-launch pipelines from 0.10 to 1.0:

1) parsers are now required before many audio/video decoders (esp.
mpeg-y ones)

2) raw audio and video caps have changed, both in name and how the
fields work

3) ffmpegcolorspace has been replaced by videoconvert

4) mpegtsdemux is no more, replaced by tsdemux

5) many request pad template names and sometimes pad template names have
changed from src%d or src_%d or src_%02d or so to e.g. sink%u etc. In
the unlikely event that you use those directly by template name, you'll
have to update those. Occasionally the numbered pad name might have
changed too, e.g. from src0 to src_0. that should be quite rare though.

Maybe I forget some things. I'm sure other people will fill in the
blanks.

Cheers
 -Tim