QtGStreamer build/run issues on Windows

Ola Røer Thorsen ola at silentwings.no
Mon Oct 15 07:54:05 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I hope this is the correct mailinglist for asking questions about QtGStreamer.

I have an application primarily developed on Linux, that uses
QtGStreamer. It works really good there. QtGStreamer is really easy to
use, and fits really well with the rest of Qt. Thanks to the
developers for that!

Now I'm porting my application to windows. I ran into a few issues
while building, using the instructions in the wiki:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/wiki/QtGStreamer/BuildingOnWindows

I'm using Visual Studio 2010, the Qt SDK and qt-gstreamer-0.10.2.

1.
There are some compiling errors that had to be fixed:
- GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE was not defined on my system, I just commented out
the lines in openglsurfacepainter.cpp for now.
- in the qmlplayer example, main.cpp, the "setenv("GST_PLUGIN_PATH",
QTVIDEOSINK_PATH, 0);" gives an error too. I just commented that out
as well.

2.
Everything build and works in Debug mode which is the default setting
when building it as described on the wiki page.

However when I build in Release mode, the example apps as well as my
own application crashes. Have anyone of you tried building and running
the examples using a Release build recently?

Best regards,
Ola Røer Thorsen