extract frames from a video

Olivier Aubert olivier.aubert at liris.cnrs.fr
Wed Oct 17 14:36:50 PDT 2012

Hi

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 06:23:50PM +0200, Mauro Del Rio wrote:
> Hi, I need to extract frames from a video. The idea is to parallelize
> the job, so there will be n-process, each extracting frames, working
> on a segment of the same video. Which is the best way to do that in
> gstreamer?
You can find another (python) example at
https://github.com/oaubert/advene/blob/master/lib/advene/util/snapshotter.py

I implemented this module for a video annotation software, but took care
not to have any dependency on this project so that it can be reused, and
keep it reasonably simple.

It also works in standalone mode as a script, invoked by
snapshotter.py movie.avi 1200 5400 2800 [list of timestamps...]

Regards,
Olivier