git master open for new feature development, new 1.0 branch for bug-fixing
t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Oct 25 06:09:07 PDT 2012
I know you're all itching to get back to feature development, so now
that 1.0.2 is out, I've created a new 1.0 branch in git.
- git master is open for new (major) features
and API additions, and all those changes
that one might not want to push during a
- git master will remain backwards
API/ABI-compatible with 1.0.x
- git master version numbering has changed
to 1.1.x, which will lead to 1.2.0 towards
the end of the year. 1.1.x should be
regarded as a development series, so it
is theoretically possible that new API
added in 1.1.2 is still changed in 1.1.3,
but once 1.2.0 is out it's stable for good.
This only applies to newly-added API of
course, no "old" 1.0.x API may be changed.
- the plugin move window is open now
in git master
- further bug-fix 1.0.x releases will be
made from the 1.0 branch
- please cherry-pick any applicable low-risk
fixes from master into the 1.0 branch!
If there's stuff you intend to hack on for this cycle, please set a
target milestone of 1.1.x in bugzilla and/or add it to
for more visibility.
More information about the gstreamer-devel