Write several files while continuous preview

Hector Canto hectorcanto at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 05:55:53 PDT 2012

Finally I use (2) - valves- rebuilding the last part of the branch.
Since the EOS flushes date itself, I didn't found necessary to block the
pads.

It useful to destroy the encoders and the filesinks in order to avoid
problems with codification and encapsulation.
I would like to find a way to "restart" the encoders without removing and
creating them anew every time.

2012/10/12 marcin at saepia.net <marcin at saepia.net>

> I suggest 3).
>
> If you use 0.10 there are several things that are not so obvious but
> it is worth trying.
>
> m.
>
> 2012/10/11 Hector Canto <hectorcanto at gmail.com>:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I'm trying to develop a pipeline where I can maintain a continuous
> preview
> > while recording several files. I don't mind loosing data between chunks.
> > So far I've come with this ideas but I lack expertise with this elements
> or
> > I was unsuccessful so far:
> >
> > The ideas:
> >
> > 1) Use a multifilesink
> > 2) Use two branches with valve + encoder + muxer + filesink, shifting
> > between them, rebuilding them when disabled.
> > 3) Block the pad and rebuild the last part of the branch
> >
> > The questions for each alternative:
> >
> > 1.a Is there a way to control the "next-file" manually, an EOS to the
> sink
> > doesn't seems to work.
> > 1.b I had problems with the first chunk and with time-stamping, am I
> missing
> > something?
> >
> > 3.a Would the pipeline stuck?
> > 3.b Do I need to build the elements again or there is a way to restart
> them
> >
> > And finally, which alternative do you recommend?
> > I would like to implement (1) but I didn't found documentation or
> examples
> > to help me do it. (2) seems the easiest but also the less clean.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > ----
> > Héctor Canto

----