Basics of gstreamer pipeline

praveen adi.praveen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 02:16:07 PDT 2012

I have just started understanding the gstreamer basics and while going
through some examples, I had few questions.

Can some please explain me the following:

In the pipeline,

gst-launch videotestsrc ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink

What cololorspace does videotestsrc  produce here?
What colorspace conversion is ffmpegcolorspace doing?
What colorspace is ximagesink accepting and where is it presenting,
Framebuffer??

Here we dont mention any properties for the plugin, but still how do they
co-work?

I am confused in understanding