h.264 encoder issue

kartik natarajan kartik8n8 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 23:50:05 PDT 2012

Hi,
    DVSDK on DM365, developing a gstreamer app to encode raw images into
h.264 and store in file.
 I have been able to execute a gst-launch where I provide codecName=h264enc
to encode raw video and store it in a file. This works well.
Now I build an application on gstreamer.
I have tried doing enc = gst_element_factory_make("x264enc", "encoder");
but it fails with enc getting a NULL. I tried "h264enc" and morbidly did
"GstX264Enc" as well for the factory name but they failed too.
How do I get this going ahead?

Thanks in advance

N.Kartik