appsink and EOS

Brian Quandt brian.quandt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 18:54:39 PDT 2012

I'll see if I can post something reasonable in size, plus not completely
torn apart.

Yes I'm doing the state change in the callback.  Which I guess means I'm in
the streaming thread, which might explain it.

Sure wish there was a nice detailed reference on gstreamer about what you
can and can't do versus poking and prodding things.

My test project is simply handling EOS from a icecast server and switching
to a new feed.  In short, if loss of signal (network failure, end of
stream, etc), switch to a test signal (such as snow).  I think the trauma
I'm having is basically understanding the abilities of oggdemux and
theoradec upon EOS and what is necessary to re-instantiate/restart them.

Yours truly,
Brian