[v 0.10] Gst::init() is slow

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 09:03:48 PDT 2012

Hi,

  Have you tried creating a minimalistic C++ application which just
calls Gst::init() , run it under valgrind --tool=callgrind, and then see
in kcachegrind what's actually taking up that much time ?
  If you're on desktop (which seems to be the case considering the rest
of the thread), gst_init (the C version) shouldn't take up that much
time (takes <50ms on a more-or-less modern system depending on the
number of plugins you have installed). There is room for improvement,
but it won't happen easily.

   Edward