videomixer-like plugin with 1.0

Douglas Bagnall douglas at paradise.net.nz
Sat Sep 22 17:38:09 PDT 2012

hi,

I think I need to write a plugin that externally looks like videomixer
(i.e., with a single video source, and multiple request video sinks),
but whose internal magic is quite different.

As far as I can tell, there isn't a base class for many-to-one video
elements, so I am wondering if any of the following approaches seems
sensible:

1. Modify videomixer.[ch]. It is a bit daunting because I haven't yet
worked out which bits are mixer specific, and which bits are the
many-to-one infrastructure.

2. Modify videomixer2.[ch], which is also in -good, and which is
encouragingly shorter. But is it finished?

3. Create a terrifying chimera, perhaps tacking a GstCollectPads onto
a GstVideoDecoder.

4. Start from scratch.

Any hints?

cheers,