Different video size for streaming and recording

Matt Pekar mpekar at raineyelectronics.com
Mon Sep 24 06:11:50 PDT 2012

You'll want to use the videoscale element along with a caps element:

gst-launch videotestsrc is-live=TRUE num-buffers=90 ! tee name=t ! queue2 !
videoscale ! ffmpegcolorspace ! video/x-raw-rgb,width=640,height=480 !
ximagesink sync=false t. ! queue2 ! videoscale ! ffmpegcolorspace !
video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240 ! theoraenc ! matroskamux ! filesink
location=/tmp/test.mkv

Make sure to add queue elements on your tee so threads don't block.

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-plugins/html/gst-plugins-base-plugins-videoscale.html