dx9screencapsrc/gdiscreencapsrc change window

Ferdinand Wörister woeri at sbox.tugraz.at
Wed Sep 26 01:36:28 PDT 2012

Hi guys,
im trying to set up one of the above sources to capture the screen on a
windows machine. Everything works fine apart from one important detail:
I can't change the coordinates of the captured window in either src
while pipeline is playing.
I'm currently using Gstreamer-sharp, and I'm already considering
switching to a native C.

Long story short:
- Should I be able to change to position of the window using the above
plugins while playing?
- If yes, could this be a problem related to Gstreamer-sharp?
- Or does it require a procedure other than simply changing the values
of the elements in the pipe?

BTW: this is in short how I do it

var pipeline = new Gst.Pipeline();
screenCapSource = Gst.ElementFactory.Make("gdiscreencapsrc",
"ScreencapSource") as Gst.Base.PushSrc; SetCapWindow(0,0,320,240);
//Capsfilter...
//X264 encoder
//udpsink
//link...
//launch pipleline
//working fine...

//I never change the dimensions, only the position of the window - to no
effect.
  public void SetCapWindow(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height){
             screenCapSource["x"] = x;
             screenCapSource["y"] = y;
             screenCapSource["width"] = width;
             screenCapSource["height"] = height;
}

I'd be very grateful for any help, this topic was posted before yet
there were no replys.

Thanks in advance,
Ferdinand Wörister