ROUTER - UDP streaming

Donny Viszneki donny.viszneki at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 17:34:43 PDT 2012

That's a good question. On Unix you have to bind a socket to
INADDR_ANY to receive broadcast packets. I recommend that you perform
the following experiment:

1) Install Wireshark
2) Test Wireshark network packet recording capability
3) Find a simple program that sends UDP packets to an IP broadcast address
4) Confirm that your system is receiving packets from #3
5) Create a simple GStreamer pipeline with UDPSrc
6) Confirm that pipeline from #5 receives your packets
7) Create a second GStreamer pipeline with UDPSink
8) Confirm packet receipt with Wireshark or pipeline from #5

Breaking up the challenge into these separate steps ensures a very
clear diagnostic meaning from a failure to complete any step, avoiding
the kind of situation where you get stuck and don't know what to do.

Good luck :)

http://codebad.com/