Gstreamer-1.0 installation error

yusuf.husainy yusuf.husainy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 03:56:01 PDT 2013

Hello everyone,

I am trying to install gstreamer-1.0.6...the latest one from source. I am
new to this environment.

I downloaded the sorce from the gstreamer website (tar ball). Extracted it
to /usr/local. Went to the directory i.e. /usr/local/gstreamer-1.0.6

I ran following commands for installation:
>>./configure --prefix=/usr/local
>>make
>>make install

then to test it, i ran following command:
>>gst-inspect-1.0 --version or >>gst-inspect-1.0

i got the following error message:
gst-inspect-1.0: error while loading shared libraries:
libgstreamer-1.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

am i missing something?

please help?

i am using ubuntu-12.04