State changes to GST_STATE_NULL not being communicated.

Yogesh Marwaha yogeshm.007 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 08:11:32 PDT 2013

Hi,

Just re-wording my problem once again (keeping it simple - perhaps).

When I try to set playbin (playing a local file) to GST_STATE_NULL, playback
stops[1] but no communication (i.e. GST_MESSAGE_STATE_CHANGED message)
regarding change of state is received by the watch (on the playbin).

That is to say, when I put the playbin to GST_STATE_PLAYING I get messages of
all state changes (GST_STATE_READY > GST_STATE_PAUSED > GST_STATE_PLAYING),
but when I put the playbin to GST_STATE_NULL (which is in state
GST_STATE_PLAYING), I get no such messages (i.e. GST_STATE_PAUSED >
GST_STATE_READY > GST_STATE_NULL is not received)

I'm using gstreamer/gstreamer-plugins-base 1.0.6.

Any idea about this?

Regards,
Yogesh Marwaha

[1] I can no longer hear from the speaker :-) and I can once again put the
pipeline to play/pause state and receive messages of all state changes
(GST_STATE_READY > GST_STATE_PAUSED > GST_STATE_PLAYING)