gstreamer memory usage

David Régade dregade at viewsurf.com
Tue Apr 2 06:44:41 PDT 2013

Hi,

I wrote a permentaly running software that periodically produces mp4 files from
rtsp source.
This software is killed after some hours by the kernel (Out of memory). I used
valgrind and smem to track memory leaks but unsuccessfully.

Here is a simplified piece of code of my software:
http://pastebin.com/As6rAN6f

I use valgrind with gstreamer suppression file for valgrind provided by current
debian wheezy:
libglib2.0-dev 2.33.12+really2.32.4-5
gstreamer1.0-plugins-base 1.0.6-1

I launch valgrind like this:
G_DEBUG=gc-friendly G_SLICE=always-malloc valgrind --xml=yes
--xml-file=test_04.xml --tool=memcheck --leak-check=full --show-reachable=yes
--trace-children=yes --num-callers=20 --suppressions=debug/gst.supp-1.0 -v ./test_04

After more than one hour valgrind says:
Leaked bytes 5526382 in 43245 blocks.

Here is valgrind xml output:
http://david.regade.free.fr/test_04.xml

I checked many times that all object are correctly unrefed, pipeline correctly
destroyed and unrefed, main loop correctly deleted. I don't know what to check next.

Any help would by appreciated to understand what happens and what I'm doing wrong.

Regards
--
David REGADE