Control of pipeline and g_main_loop in a daughter thread

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Wed Apr 3 07:22:55 PDT 2013

Tim,

Curious.  Every example I have ever seen has the pipeline set to PLAYING
followed by a main loop run().  I always thought it took the mainloop for
the pipeline to run but now I'm guessing it's really just something for the
program to do till the pipeline ends.  (True?)

Would a LONG sleep work just as well?  or would the sleep stall the
pipeline?

Would a program loop work?  Say:

    stateChgRc = gst_element_set_state( myPipeline, GST_STATE_PLAYING );
    while (true)
    {
       std::cin x;
       if ( EXITCODE == do_something_with( x ) )   break;
    }

or would that also stall the pipeline?

Again, thanks,

Wes