acess frame by frame of the video using external timer

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Apr 3 13:37:50 PDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-04-03 at 12:04 -0700, thothadri wrote:

> For my project , i want to use external timer to access frame of the video .
> For example, every 30 or may be 60milliseconds, I would like to show the
> frame. It should depend on the external timer , not the timer of gstreamer.
> I want to use gstreamer to decode the video and display. I hope i had made
> my question clear.
>
> Is this possible ?

Most sinks have a "last-sample" property which you can use to get the
current/last buffer (plus caps) from the sink whenever you like. You
could also simply use playbin (1.0) or playbin2 (0.10) and call the
"convert-sample" (1.0) or "convert-frame" (0.10) action signal whenever
you like to get a snapshot of the frame in a format of your choice.

Maybe that's not what you're looking for though, it's not entirely clear
to me what you want to do exactly.

Cheers
 -Tim