mpegtsdemux and trueHD

Brian Dodge bdodge09 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 12:14:58 PDT 2013

I need to support Dolby trueHD in gstreamer-0.10 and m2ts streams. Since
my audio and video sinks are written for h/w acceleration it isn't
possible for me to move to gstreamer 1.0 as much as I'd like unless I
can learn how to port plugins from 0.10 to 1.0

It is a simple matter to detect and add caps audio/x-true-hd to
gstmpegtsdemux.c  (gst-plugins-bad-0.10.21) which plugs and links
properly in my pipe, but I don't get the actual HD audio stream.  I
*think* this has something to do with pes parsing not pulling out the
stream.

Does gstreamer 1.06 properly play the audio from m2ts files with Dolby
trueHD?