combine audio streams from truehd extension

Brian Dodge bdodge09 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 05:28:12 PDT 2013

It turns out, the problem was the packets are merged, when they
shouldn't have been.   I am not sure if this is a bug in 1.0.6, but the
pes filter code *should* drop the AC3 encoded audio stream info (stream
type 0x83, sub stream ID 0x76).   I fixed this in plugins-bad 0.10.23 by
detecting the stream id (as is done in 1.0.6 properly) and skipping the
packet.

Also in 0.10 at least there was already a nifty way to combine all of
the related data for a pes into one buffer, by setting "gather_pes =
TRUE" which let me start looking at the problem a lot better seeing
complete audio chunks in one GstBuffer