Receive Pipeline not going to playing state when rtmpsrc with mpegtsdemux is used.

mattes effemm at mykmk.com
Thu Apr 11 09:40:08 PDT 2013

On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 18:40:50 -0700 badri <badri at cloudzilla.com> wrote

> % gst-launch rtmpsrc location="rtmp://184.169.221.233/live/streamUdpTs1
> live=1" ! mpegtsdemux ! fakesink
>
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
> ERROR: rtmp server sent error
>

> ie., There is no going to the PLAYING state.
>
> Please ignore the "rtmp server error" in negotiation as it comes in all
> the situations, and it possibly occurs as I have disabled the RTMP
> handshake from my server due to problems RTMPDUMP and rtmpsrc had with
> it.

I had some problems myself with my gstreamer based project.
I was able to get to the bottom of it by using GST_DEBUG.
in your case you could run:

  GST_DEBUG=5 gst-launch rtmpsrc
location="rtmp://184.169.221.233/live/streamUdpTs1  live=1" ! mpegtsdemux !
fakesink

or just simply

  export GST_DEBUG=5
and than execute your desired pipeline.

The output is quite overwhelming. You need to go through it line by line.
>From what I've seen there is more detailed information (warning, error)
available, which give you a better clue on what is going on behind the scene
of GStreamer. Sometimes the error message on stdout are just too generic
and don't tell much about the initial problem.

Make sure that the 'caps' requirement of  mpegtsdemux are satisfied
by the stream you are serving.
   gst-inspect mpegtsdemux      tells you what is supported.
Is it your stream compatible to video/mpeg, video/x-h264, video/x-dirac or
video/x-wmv?

Try and playback the received file 'test.rtmp' with gstreamer.
You stated 'ffplay' works. Try playback with gstreamer.
Maybe this will give you some more insights on where the problem is.

good luck diggin'
mk