Problem sending avi through udpsink

slitcher frederic.drolet at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 06:10:05 PDT 2013

Hello everyone,

I'm having a hard time sending raw data extracted from an avi file through
usbsink to display on another host using usbsrc. The following commands
works like a charm locally:

/gst-launch filesrc name=filesource location=D:/folder/file.avi ! avidemux
name=demux demux.audio_00 ! queue ! decodebin2 ! audioconvert !
autoaudiosink demux.video_00 ! queue ! decodebin2 ! ffmpegcolorspace !
videoscale ! video/x-raw-yuv, width=320, height=240 *! ffmpegcolorspace  !
rtpvrawpay ! rtpvrawdepay ! ffmpegcolorspace !* autovideosink/

To add the udp feature, I separate the pipeline in two and start two
gst-launch instances:

/gst-launch filesrc name=filesource location=D:/folder/file.avi ! avidemux
name=demux demux.audio_00 ! queue ! decodebin2 ! audioconvert !
autoaudiosink demux.video_00 ! queue ! decodebin2 ! ffmpegcolorspace !
videoscale ! video/x-raw-yuv, width=320, height=240 ! ffmpegcolorspace * !
rtpvrawpay ! udpsink host="x.x.x.x" port=n*

gst-launch *udpsrc port=n caps="application/x-rtp ...(caps copied from the
other instance on each execution)" ! rtpvrawdepay !* ffmpegcolorspace !
autovideosink/

I've tried starting both instances on the same machine or on two different
virtual machines (I can't use network feature at work yet) but the result is
the same: using verbose I can see the provider instance links everything
properly in the pipeline but the client isn't outputting anything (I can't
see any GstPipeline/... lines).

I've played a bit with the parameters and removing the
"encoding-name=(string)RAW" part of the caps in the udpsrc seems to make the
udpsrc display its caps properly but then nothing else is linked together...
I've also looked at more complicated examples using multiudpsink and rtcp
but I didn't have any luck.

So I'm a bit stuck here... I didn't test if the udp packets are actually
sent from the provider but the client is definitely listening to the port I
choose but I'm not sure it receives anything and I don't think it's properly
configurated anyway since there are no outputs using verbose...

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to debug this on my side to
provide more info?

I'm using gstreamer 0.10 on Windows 7 (also using Win7 in VirtualBox for
test on two machines but it didn't work on my physical machine when doing a
udp connection on localhost).

Thanks for your help!