qtwrapper build on mac os x

Bianca Gibson B.Gibson at qsrinternational.com
Sun Apr 21 23:51:07 PDT 2013

Hi all,
I am having problems building the qtwrapper in gst-plugins-bad on mac os x.
I have successfully compiled gst-plugins-bad without the qtwrapper, and I'm not sure how to include the qtwrapper in the build. I tried --enable-external and --enable-qtwrapper, but it still appeared in the list of plugins with dependencies that will not be built.

I then moved the qtwrapper and tried to build it separately from gst-plugins-bad using xcode, and got the following error in videodecoders.c:
"Use of undeclared identifier 'GST_TYPE_FOURCC'".

I searched the source code (of gstreamer-1.0.6, gst-plugins-base-1.0.6, gst-plugins-good-1.0.6, gst-plugins-bad 1.0.6) for other references to GST_TYPE_FOURCC, and found some uses of it in bad, all of which I noticed where not included when I was building gst-plugins-bad. I found only usage, no declaration.
I discovered that in 0.11.0 gstreamer/gst/gstvalue.h contains a #define of GST_TYPE_FOURCC, which doesn't seem to appear in later versions.
0.11.0 gstvalue.h: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/tree/gst/gstvalue.h?id=bb32076c17cbc3316a89746a473c02ed534cf049
0.11.1 gstvalue.h: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/tree/gst/gstvalue.h?id=081e3de841e60dc7c2c43ac442ebd0626d83a880

It would be great to have some pointers to help me get this going.

Cheers,
Bianca Gibson    IBL Student
QSR International Pty Ltd
2nd Floor, 651 Doncaster Road   |   Doncaster 3108 Victoria Australia
T  +61 3 9840 4900  F  +61 3 9840 1500
B.Gibson at qsrinternational.com<mailto:B.Gibson at qsrinternational.com>   |   www.qsrinternational.com<http://www.qsrinternational.com>
Please consider the environment before printing this email [http://download.qsrinternational.com/Resource/QSR_enviro-graphic.gif]

 [http://download.qsrinternational.com/Resource/QSR-NVivo.jpg]

Disclaimer
This transmission may contain information which is confidential and privileged and intended only for the addressee. If you are not the addressee you may not use, disseminate or copy this information. If you have received this information in error please notify the sender immediately. Thank you.