videoscale parameters for good text resizing?

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 12:47:04 PDT 2013

I am currently running into some problems when I capture an X session and
rescale it show on my video wall. Basically, images look fine but text is
all messed up. As far as I can tell this is because of how videoscale does
its work.

There are a number of algorithm options and/or filter parameters I could
set to tweak the scaling, but I have no idea if any of them would give
better results on text than the default.

If anyone has any experience in this area, I'd love to hear about it.

--
Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.