faad Dropping Frames

johnwesting john.blank.westing at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 16:13:14 PDT 2013

Problem solved. There was bug in the code that incremented the RTP sequence
number, it was being incremented twice for each packet sent. It was hard to
determine this was the cause because the GST_BUFFER_DATA() going in to the
decoder looked the same for the success and failure case.

I'm honestly still not 100% why this caused an error, I looked at the
GstBufferFlag GST_BUFFER_FLAG_DISCONT and it was false, and so were all of
the other buffer flags. The timestamp, duration, and offset fields were also
the same for the success and failure case. Does anyone know why the
incorrect RTP sequence number was affecting the decoder?