creating custom element for encryption

badea_ion at gmx.fr badea_ion at gmx.fr
Mon Aug 5 06:06:07 PDT 2013

Hello everyone,

I want to write a custom element for encrypting the stream which is going to be linked to a tcpserversink and a similar one, to grab data from tcpclientsrc and decrypt it. I derived it from GstElement. The problem is I don't know what capabilities to set up for it. I would like to define my own capabilities like "application/encrypted" but which to be recognized by tcpclientsrc and tcpserversink but I don't know how to do that without having to recompile the gst-plugins-base or other gstreamer component.

Btw, I'm using Gstreamer 0.10.36

Thank you!