"pausing" parts of a pipeline

Sven Heyll sven.heyll at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 03:47:39 PDT 2013

Hi

thanks for the answer. interaudiosink/src sounds interesting. It is one
approach I was thinking about implementing it by myself.
Yes, I would like to have a steady rtp stream between two telephone calls
with the option to start, pause and resume playbacks and recordings via
DTMF. Technically it seems unexpected hard to do with gstreamer, though

But isn't interaudiosink actually a hack? I haven't read the sources of
interaudiosink/src yet, but shouldn't elments have the ability to be
paused/seeked independent of the rest of the pipeline?

wbr
Sven