Shmsink - EOS block - bug ?

adrien_sch adrien.schwartzentruber at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 00:30:06 PDT 2013

Hello mates,

I'm planning to use shmsink to share a stream between differents
applications, but during my tests, i observed that this element doesn't
handle correctly the EOS message.

This is an example :
gst-launch-1.0 -e fakesrc ! shmsink socket-path=/tmp/encoded
wait-for-connection=FALSE sync=FALSE async=FALSE

Press Ctrl+C --> Infinite waiting .... The EOS message isn't received on the
bus.

I observed the same behavior in my application (EOS sent on the source
element, but doesn't appear on the bus).

Someone have some ideas to resolve this issue ?