Mp4 file recording not working

Baby Octopus jagadishkamathk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 09:08:55 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm recording live Mp4 content using the following pipeline

gst-launch-1.0 decklinksrc mode=2 name=src src.! video/x-raw ! queue leaky=1
! x264enc bitrate=1600000 ! mpegtsmux name=mux ! filesink
location=record.mp4 src.! audio/x-raw ! queue leaky=1 ! lamemp3enc ! mux.

Since this is a live source after some time I press Ctrl+C to stop the
pipeline. I can't play the output file in VLC. But if I replace mp4mux with
mpegtsmux it works perfectly. Seems some header is inserted at the end in
case of Mp4 which is not happening. How do I get this work?

~BO