Runnig h264 live stream on Android using GStreamer

snowacki bastian.nowacki at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 04:44:37 PDT 2013

I successfully compiled and run tutorials for Windows under VS2010. I'm
interested in playing live RTSP stream so I choose a tutorial which uses
playbin2 and plays Sintel trailer from network - vod.

Under windows it worked great. I modified code and set new pipeline to play
RTSP live stream encoded in h264 under Windows:

*rtspsrc ~> gstrtpptdemux ~> rtph264depay -> ffdec_h264 -> autovideosink
*
and it also works fine.

Than I set development environment for Undroid on Windows as desribed here:
http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Installing+for+Android+development

I managed to compile all Android-tutorials and run tutorial-5 which
interested me.

Than I modified its code and I used the same code handling my new pipeline
which works under Windows.
Unfortunately it doesn't work under Android.

Initialization is completed, I receives PLAY, PAUSE events, but I have no
image.

Can anyone give me any ideas how to solve this problem?

I attached also output log from LogCat in Eclipse: log05.txt

Best Regards,
Sebastian