videoflip causes critical errors in gstreamer 1.0

adrian at tortenboxer.de adrian at tortenboxer.de
Sat Aug 10 06:47:38 PDT 2013

Hi,

I have an application which produces a bunch of the following messages

GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_segment_to_stream_time: assertion `segment->format == format' failed

I am not sure if this is a bug in my code or in gstreamer, but it looks a lot like a bug reported by Claudio Basile in march (see below). Just as in his case, the messages go away if I take out the videoflip element (e.g. by replacing it with an identity element). In his reply, Nicolas Dufresne seemed to attribute this to a bug in gst-plugins-good: if this is the case, has the bug been corrected since ? I currently have version 1.1.2 installed.

TIA
Adrian

Quoting from
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-devel/2013-March/040195.html

> Le jeudi 21 mars 2013 à 16:43 -0700, Claudio Basile a écrit :
>> (gst-launch-1.0:20617): GStreamer-CRITICAL **:
>> gst_segment_to_stream_time: assertion `segment->format == format'
>> failed

On Thu Mar 21 19:58:47 PDT 2013, Nicolas Dufresne answered