problem with interaudiosrc

Marco Micheletti marco.micheletti at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 05:41:59 PDT 2013

Hello,
I'm developing an application that uses interaudiosink and
interaudiosrc plugin for communication between various pipeline
(gst-plugins-bad-1.0.9). If I well understand when the plugin interaudiosrc
does not have available data silence is generated. However, iIn my test
program,  a series of strange noise (tick, tack) are generated. It seems to
me that the source gstinteraudiosrc.c use the gst_buffer_new_and_alloc ()
to create silence buffer, but this is not cleared.

Putting a line like:

gstinteraudiosrc.c: 295
gst_buffer_memset (newbuf, 0, 0, (SIZE - n) * 4);

seems to solve the problem.

Do you have similar experiences?

Thanks and excuse my english.

Best regards,