Cross reference from bugzilla to archives

jlancaster jeff_lancaster at msn.com
Wed Aug 14 13:48:12 PDT 2013

I would like to know have to properly cross reference a bug fix announced in
bugzilla to the actual patch committed in the sources archive.

For example, I see an interesting bug in bugzilla that was resolved:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-bugs/2012-December/097626.html

--- Comment #2 from Wim Taymans <wim.taymans at gmail.com> 2012-12-11
10:20:15 UTC ---
commit 5daf78dc690b5b5f033b7c4b5b56286d3fe3e7b7
Author: Aleix Conchillo Flaque <aleix at oblong.com>
Date:   Tue Dec 11 11:00:21 2012 +0100

I see the date of the commital 12/11/2012 around 11 AM. So I go to the
archives and page to December 2012:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-rtsp-server/log/?ofs=200

And I see no commit on 12/11/2012.

I googled the commit value, 5daf78dc690b5b5f033b7c4b5b56286d3fe3e7b7, and
finally linked to the actual patch.

I assumed that I would find the patch in the archive list.

Help me understand the best way to cross-reference a resolved bug in
bugzilla to the patch in the archives.

-----
Jeff Lancaster