how to use gstrtpbin

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Aug 15 03:28:36 PDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-08-15 at 03:01 -0700, billy wrote:

Hi,

> I'm trying to test some example pipeline from
> http://stuff.mit.edu/afs/athena/system/amd64_deb50/os/usr/share/gtk-doc/html/gst-plugins-good-plugins-0.10/gst-plugins-good-plugins-gstrtpbin.html

The official (and up-to-date) docs can be found from here:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/

> There was error using gstrtpbin, the error msg is that: no element
> "gstrtpbin".
>
> I have installed gst-plugins-good-1.1.3 which has gstrtpbin.c in
> gst/rptmanager, however why there was no executable file generated while the
> compilation is all ok.
>
> Any advice on how to use gstrtpbin?

It has been renamed to 'rtpbin' in 1.0 (in 0.10 it was called gstrtpbin
because there used to be another rtpbin in a third party package as
well).

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-good-plugins/html/gst-plugins-good-plugins-rtpbin.html

Cheers
 -Tim